I'm really happy to have finally fixed the issue I was having with background sounds changing when the player went from map to map. It was a small error in the end, but one that nearly drove me insane trying to fix!
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm currently working on all the opponents that the player is going to face. Whilst doing that, I realized that to keep things interesting, different enemies needed different strengths and weaknesses. I hate games where you have to randomly try everything in the hope that something will work, so I've added a way that the player can choose to study their enemy during the match. This will give the player an insight into the enemy's strengths and weaknesses if they are struggling. The Bestiary has been customized from a script created by Venka on the RPG Maker forums. You can see the original script here if you're making your own game in RPG Maker VX Ace and like the look of it.
Anyhow, on a personal level I'm off the rest of the week before I start a new job. I'm trying really hard to get the bulk of the 50 opponents done from a programming standpoint this week, but that may not be entirely realistic. I'll keep everyone posted with how it's going though.
Thanks for checking in!